Thursday, August 6, 2015

rail fence... small beginnings

Hi, I'm Linda stopping by from kokaquilts today. Sujata's book Cultural Fusion is a new favourite of mine! There are quite a few quilts in it that appeal to me, and the irregular piecing is an interesting & creative process that I'm keen to explore a bit more. Karyn here seems to be enjoying her book too, she's made two quilts from it already!

So, I've been tossing up about joining in with the rail-fence-quiltalong! Love this quilt... and, while I'm juggling a few balls in the air, I figure I may as well throw in another and experiment!




Going now to sort a few fabrics and then I'll give this free form curvy cutting a go
... I'll be back soon to share more! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm pleased to see that you're joining in Linda! I am still collecting my fabrics from their various hiding places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, Thanx for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I really have quite a bit on sewing-wise just now, but I do love this quilt! I started yesterday making a trial block, with a solid fabric & a print... free form or not, precision matters when using the plain fabrics! The joining seam lines stand out, mine look as crooked as the wonky curved cut! I’ll have another go later! Have a good weekend, Linda

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing some blocks. I like your fabric choices so far. That's the place I can and do get bogged down

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lind, I am so glad you are enjoying the book. I can tell you that I a as feeling as excited as you are when I was working on these blocks. I am going visit Karen's blog to check out her quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.