both the front & the back "done". Thank You & More The front, however, sat on my design wall for a long time because it just didn't seem ... well, like "me". So I added a pieced border & loved it! (At last count there were 95 different fabrics in the top.)
When it came to the quilting, I ran into trouble. It seemed like organic vertical lines would work. But they didn't & for the first time ever I picked out every last stitch over a three day period. Additionally, the quilt seemed too puffy which I felt detracted from the design so I switched the batting. And then there was the pieced back which needed to be enlarged because of the border & although I was happy with how it turned out, maybe between the front & the back, there were just too many seams for my home machine to handle. So I made a new back & plan to turn the first back into a new quilt.
Here's the final finish which I love! A friend asked me if I would donate it to a fundraiser
which I did. Here's hoping someone else will love it, too!