Saturday, December 10, 2016

African-themed baby Quilt


I used Sujata's Rail Fence pattern to make this African-fabric themed baby quilt. The finished size needs to be 23" x 36", so I downsized the blocks a bit to make it work. I cut the WOF strips at 5", trimmed them to 4" after sewing together. The unfinished block size is 4", finishing in the quilt at 3.5"The unfinished block size is 4", finishing in the quilt at 3.5" I alternated the blocks that have African fabric with plain background squares, thinking I wouldn't have enough African fabric otherwise.  Hah! Silly me. I had enough strips and blocks to make another one which is currently unfinished on the design wall.

1 comment:

  1. An ideal quilt for a baby with these beautiful African fabrics, and good that you had enough fabric left over to work on another one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.