Monday, January 5, 2015

Forty Shades of Green

 My husband was born in a small fishing village, Kinvara, Co. Galway, Ireland.  He was the eighth child of 10...eight boys and two girls.  I met him in graduate school after he immigrated to South  Florida.  Once married with two children, our lives enjoyed years of Irish music, Irish  dancing and Irish culture.
 Himself is a musician gifted with bringing people together.
 I made this quilt to celebrate my Irish man.
The Disappearing Nine-patch was perfect in order to get the color blends that I wanted.
    Antique quilts with pieced names on the back are some of my favorite..So, Muldoon it was..adding to the Irish celebration.
Our daughter's championship Irish dance dress...made with love...by me..her mother:)
Cultural Fusions..So far so good on this blog...Indian, Swedish and Irish:)  I hope to see more.
Finally I have been able to order the book.

6 comments:

  1. Love the back of your quilt ... makes it truly special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun! I love the back of the quilt too. Did you appliqued the motif on the dress? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I appliqued the motif on the dress. A few of the dance mothers got together and we all made our daughter's Irish dancing dresses..learning from each other. This blog is fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time!