Saturday, May 20, 2017

Back from oh so many things!

Without going into details of any of my trips, I wonder if I can just post a few pictures of what I have been up to.
Here is the latest finished quilt. I call it "Postcards from Thailand"
I used total of six blocks from the book to create this medallion.
Hourglass
Half Square Triangles
The border of Hourglass quilt (from the book)
Lattice
Triangles from Endless Mountains
Rail Fence (On the back)

This quilt is very special to me because it marks our latest vacation to Thailand with our daughter, Kavita.

I taught this class at Port Gamble, WA and here are the pictures from the class.

Student work

Student work

My class display

Student work
It is always fun to see a finished quilt from a participant from a previous class. Here I go again with forgetting the name of this lovely quilter. Please introduce yourself and claim your beautiful quilt if you are reading this post.

We had so many wonderful, hilarious moments, I am thankful for being able to visit so many places and meet fabulous quilters.


I am thrilled to see the progress on Michelle's quilt. Don't you love these tipsy geese?


I am also glad to be back home to my sewing machine. Today was a start of a new quilt and can't wait to put it together and share it with you all.
Sujata

10 comments:

  1. Such wonderful color in these photographs -- inspiring on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful works all!! I love the tippy geese--especially in those vibrant colors...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all...beautiful post

    ReplyDelete
  4. inspiring photos was looking through your book yesterday and wondering what I would try thinking the hourglass blocks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt Sujata, the mix of your blocks just works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous quilt. I love everything about it- the layout, the colors, the blocks and the unexpected surprises. Thank you for sharing all the photos. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Postcards from Thailand is so attractive and even better in person. I love the way you mix prints with solids. The rounds with green/blue are so well placed. They blend with each other and set off the other colors.
    What fun to see so many examples of student work, too. Beautiful fabrics and colors. Interesting to see other ways to vary the arrangement of these blocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this inspiring and colorful blogpost, you made my day!
    Myrto

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a treat, Sujata, thanks for sharing.
    I was just on a road trip through Sister's Oregon and I got to stop into the Stitchin' Post, I know you're going to give some classes there soon, that'll be tons of fun I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a great sense of color..xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.