Friday, August 21, 2015

Almost there

Just more or less "thrown" these blocks
up on the wall for a quick appraisal so no trimming or threads removed here.
Having played around with setting I quite like this one BUT
I feel there are three blocks there that may not make it!


Please excuse the rough and ready photo
this board is leaning up against the fixed design wall with the top half of High Flyer hidden under
the old sheet as grand-daughter is coming later I needed to hide it.

The light salmon pink a bit too much "in your face" the bottom turquoise (middle) 
possibly a little too bright and
the dark green second down on right possibly too dark although
this could be due to the light here presently as you can see on my previous post
the patterned fabric in the dark green block is actually quilt bright.

Having said that I don't want this to be all mid tone and there will be
quilting highly visible on the solids. a few threads below.


I'm going to be hunting out  a couple more during the week.

Hopefully back during the week with the top sewn up!



13 comments:

  1. I like the contrast of the prints with the solids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda - my next one will be somewhat different and no solids.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, had you not told me to keep going I may have ditched these blocks and started over!

      Delete
  3. They look beautiful! I sometimes play around with placements of the blocks, the ones that I don't like...try pairing them with different blocks and see if that changes my opinion. Just a thought. You make a good point and I believe that too, if all of them are of same value, the spark will be lost. Have a great time with your grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing around with block placements and I'm pretty happy with the one I have on the wall right now, shuffled blocks around and photographed for ages!

      Delete
  4. This is looking great! I rather like the addition of the salmon & the turquoise ones! Maybe try simply alternating warm/cool blocks? Look forward to seeing what you decided to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salmon and turquoise blocks are still in there, just in a different place!

      Delete
  5. I like the various background colors! Just keep rearranging until you feel more comfortable with the combinations. Liking those threads you're gathering, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All re-arranged now, had the seal of approval on the final arrangement from my grandson, the one with the H quilt!
      They have an amazing range of peele thread colours at the nearest quilt store, I could have gathered a basketful!

      Delete
  6. I can see why you chose those three blocks to edit out. But they do add a certain spark. It all depends what you can live with. Photos are not always true as you mentioned. You will have to be the final judge in any event. I often leave things on the design wall a bit until quite sure what stays and what goes. Things sometimes grow on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After looking at the blocks on the wall over the past three days I decided to keep them all in but find an arrangement I was happy with - done!

      Delete
  7. I can see why you chose those three blocks to edit out. But they do add a certain spark. It all depends what you can live with. Photos are not always true as you mentioned. You will have to be the final judge in any event. I often leave things on the design wall a bit until quite sure what stays and what goes. Things sometimes grow on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.