Thursday, September 17, 2015

scattered petals {update}

This week I layered up my 'scattered petals' quilt, did a bit of machine quilting to secure the whole quilt, and am now adding some hand quilting. I've been combining my hand & machine quilting lately, practicality plus some big stitch quilting is a pleasing 'hand made' mix for some quilts I think. I'm using no. 8 perle thread in a soft green.









Hopefully it shouldn't take too long to hand quilt around those pretty petals

Linda at kokaquilts, more pics over there
- happy sewing!


8 comments:

  1. Love the colors and patterns! Can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming top, Linda. The one geometric petal adds something - a bit of a surprise or sophistication. I noticed from your first photos you took some stripes out. Glad you kept this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! Yes, I decided to use that other stripe-y fabric for my binding!

      Delete
  3. Wow, inspiring, I like the scrappy look, so much personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The green-y Amy B. floral was the inspiration for this scrappy fabric pull, it's so yummy! L

      Delete
  4. Linda, I specially love blue Lobellia plant next to your scattered petals quilt! I have never combined the two techniques but definitely on my list of things to try. Your quilt looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been combining machine & hand quilting more lately, practicality plus some obvious big stitch quilting is quite a nice 'hand made' mix for some quilts!

      Delete
  5. Hi there!! I just found your blog.....love it and became a Follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.