Thursday, May 21, 2020

Finally a First Finish!

Due to quarantine, I have finally managed to finish the quilt top that I started 4 years ago.  And it feels so good to be to this point!

56 inches square

This is my version of the Rail Fence pattern, in only 2 colors.  It truly is a cultural fusion, as I used indigos from South Africa and 1800's reproduction fabrics for the lights/whites.


Here is a closeup of one block, so you can see the fabrics better. 

Due to the narrower width (35 inches) of the indigo fabrics, I had to make smaller blocks.  Instead of the 16 inch blocks in the book, my blocks are 14 inches.

I found this pattern very easy to understand and very easy and fun to make.  Thank you for the wonderful book, Sujata!

There is more information and more photos on my blog post.

Happy quilting!
Sharon

6 comments:

  1. The pix shows up better here...The quilt is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, what a beautiful quilt top! I love blue and white quilts (who doesn't!) and the indigo fabric again those whites is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I am happy to see that you changed the size of the blocks per your need. The blue and white fabrics are beautiful and the quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely blue and white quilt, Rail Fence is a great pattern particularly so when made Cultural Fusion style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.